PEOPLE HAVE VISITED THIS BLOG
SINCE 07/28/09
THANK YOU :)

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Is it never too late?


I came across this editorial last night and I thought to myself "isn't it a bit too late for this?" (referring to their theme). I mean, I'm all for tributes but the late great King of Pop died last June 25, 2009 (God bless his soul, may he rest in peace). If they really wanted to pay tribute to him, shouldn't they have done so last July? Or I'm guessing this is a marketing strategy? To have something different from all the other magazines? Cause as I've learned recently, September is actually the issue that is the BIGGEST deal in the fashion industry. Don't get me wrong though, I'm loving this editorial. Agyness Deyn + Terry Richardson = <3

And oh, the reason why I'm blogging about this is because I was supposed to a shoot with the same theme. I saw this other editorial months ago that paid tribute to MJ and I wanted to do one myself. But scheduling and other factors didn't allow us to do a shoot while it was still early. By the time we would be able to shoot I thought that it would be too late, so we didn't push thru with it. Harper's Bazaar didn't seem to think so. What say you?


Magazine: Harper's Bazaar
Published: September 2009
Editorial: Thriller Fashion
Photographed by: Terry Richardson
Model: Agyness Deyn (Women Model Managament)
Source



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...